This advice should not be substituted for medical attention. If in doubt, consult a physician immediately.
How to avoid and get rid of scars
Start treatment early:
- Keep your wound clean
- Avoid Infections or get them treated as fast as you can
- Cover the wound with a bandage
- Avoid picking and scratching
How to get rid of scars:
- Moisturize the scar regularly (Cocoa butter seems to work the best)
- Protect the scar from the sun
- Massage the scar (with moisturizer)
- Use topical scar creams
- Use Silicone sheets and gels
- See a dermatologist or other professional
There are many different procedures and operations, if you want more information consult a doctor, dermatologist, or other professional.
Natural scar healers:
- Lemon juice
- Lavender oil and helichrysum oil
- Manuka Honey
You can always let the scar do its own thing. It may take a while and the scar may not fully disappear but it should heal and clear up with enough time.